from Black Rock City to Bangkok, and beyond, by Bones and Lulu



Shifts


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



There's an interesting dichotomy going on in my brain right now. On the one hand, I can feeling life speeding up. We are only days away from departure and we still have quite a bit to accomplish before we're gone. On the other hand, though, I can already sense my priorities and perspective shifting and slowing.

Four days from now I will be without a job, and that is a huge change from my everyday life. Then it's Black Rock City followed by the beaches of Thailand and both of those places could not be more different from each other, and from the world I'm living in right now. It is incredibly exciting. Things are going to build and build and build into a frenzy of packing and preparing and plans only to come to screeching halt the second we pull our packed car from the curb and hit the road on the first stage of our incredible adventure.

Instead of giving my time to a corporation to be transformed into money, time instead becomes all mine. Instead of being beholden to the clock to wake me up groggy, to tell me when to eat lunch, to mark the moment of freedom at the end of the day, to dictate the optimum time for slumber, instead of all that, we will live according to the rhythms of our bodies and of the natural world around us. We are breaking out of routine life and leaping from one glorious moment to the next. Next week those moments will be filled with unspeakably powerful art, the biting desert wind, the blazing sun. The following weeks those moments will be filled with the salty bliss of ocean, the jarring strangeness of a new culture, the sodden sweat of humidity and the deep serenity of weeks without work.

I consider myself a very lucky man to have found a woman who loves all of this stuff just as much as I do. We are going to have a lot of fun, and I cannot wait to get started.


0 Responses to “Shifts”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


current

collected

others


ATOM 0.3


send email to Bones or Lulu!
(set to prevent spam, so you'll have to fix the addresses)